Code : CG004
The ideal gift for the stargazing enthusiast in your life.
A quilt that will still be suitable when your younger child grows.
Finished size: 102 x 140cm (40 x 55in). Includes easy instructions
on how to customise the flag with your child’s name.
- 30cm (3/8yd) dusky blue spot print fabric (Background strip A and blue planet appliqué)
- 30cm (3/8yd) dark blue with silver hatching print fabric (Background strip B)
- 30cm (3/8yd) navy star print fabric (Background strip C)
- 45cm (1/2yd) navy tone-on-tone fabric (Background strip D)
- 60cm (3/4yd) black star print fabric (Background strip E)
- 40cm (1/2yd) + 1 fat quarter red mottled fabric (large and small red planets and appliqué binding)
- Fat quarter orangy-red fabric (large & small red planet’s craters, astronaut, star and rocket appliqué)
- 30cm (3/8yd) yellow mottled tone-on-tone print fabric (yellow planet and rocket appliqué)
- Fat eighth olive green homespun (green planet craters & flag appliqué)
- Fat quarter each of purple and aqua tone-on-tone fabrics (rocket appliqué)
- Fat eighth yellow homespun (yellow planet craters appliqué)
- Fat quarter green spot print fabric (green planet appliqué)
- Scraps of dark blue homespun (blue planet appliqué)
- Fat eighth white homespun (astronaut appliqué)
- Scraps of black and grey homespun (astronaut appliqué & rocket window)
- Assorted scraps of yellow, gold, orange and orangey-red (star appliqué)
- 1.5m (1 3/4yd) backing fabric *
- Batting at least 115 x 153cm (45 x 60in)*
- 1.5m (1 3/4yd) double-sided fusible web and HB pencil
- Stranded Embroidery Floss to match appliqué fabrics including: white, black, orangey-red, purple, aqua, light grey red, dark yellow, dark green and dark blue**
- Embroidery needle and Thimble (optional)
- Appliqué mat or Silicon baking paper, such as ‘Glad Bake’
- Water-erasable fabric marking pen and ruler
- Pigment pen eg “Zig Millennium 03” OR “Sakura Pigma Micron 01 (0.25mm)”
- Felt tip pen, Compass and Broadsheet Newspaper or other large sheets of paper
- Rotary cutter, ruler and mat. Sewing machine with 1/4in foot. General sewing supplies
* Long-arm quilters need more excess backing and batting fabric to work with. Recalculate your requirements if you are having your quilt professionally quilted.
** Choose floss colours that are darker than your appliqué fabrics for the planets, stars and rocket flames, to make them more visually effective.
Interested in stocking this pattern in your store?
My patterns are distributed to retail stores by Creative Abundance.
Pattern : CG004 : Spacewalk Quilt