Code : CG004
The ideal gift for the stargazing enthusiast in your life.
A quilt that will still be suitable when your younger child grows.
Finished size: 102 x 140cm (40 x 55in). Includes easy instructions
on how to customise the flag with your child’s name.
- 30cm (3/8yd) dusky blue spot print fabric (Background strip A and blue planet appliqué)
- 30cm (3/8yd) dark blue with silver hatching print fabric (Background strip B)
- 30cm (3/8yd) navy star print fabric (Background strip C)
- 45cm (1/2yd) navy tone-on-tone fabric (Background strip D)
- 60cm (3/4yd) black star print fabric (Background strip E)
- 40cm (1/2yd) + 1 fat quarter red mottled fabric (large and small red planets and appliqué binding)
- Fat quarter orangy-red fabric (large & small red planet’s craters, astronaut, star and rocket appliqué)
- 30cm (3/8yd) yellow mottled tone-on-tone print fabric (yellow planet and rocket appliqué)
- Fat eighth olive green homespun (green planet craters & flag appliqué)
- Fat quarter each of purple and aqua tone-on-tone fabrics (rocket appliqué)
- Fat eighth yellow homespun (yellow planet craters appliqué)
- Fat quarter green spot print fabric (green planet appliqué)
- Scraps of dark blue homespun (blue planet appliqué)
- Fat eighth white homespun (astronaut appliqué)
- Scraps of black and grey homespun (astronaut appliqué & rocket window)
- Assorted scraps of yellow, gold, orange and orangey-red (star appliqué)
- 1.5m (1 3/4yd) backing fabric *
- Batting at least 115 x 153cm (45 x 60in)*
- 1.5m (1 3/4yd) double-sided fusible web and HB pencil
- Stranded Embroidery Floss to match appliqué fabrics including: white, black, orangey-red, purple, aqua, light grey red, dark yellow, dark green and dark blue**
- Embroidery needle and Thimble (optional)
- Appliqué mat or Silicon baking paper, such as ‘Glad Bake’
- Water-erasable fabric marking pen and ruler
- Pigment pen eg “Zig Millennium 03” OR “Sakura Pigma Micron 01 (0.25mm)”
- Felt tip pen, Compass and Broadsheet Newspaper or other large sheets of paper
- Rotary cutter, ruler and mat. Sewing machine with 1/4in foot. General sewing supplies
* Long-arm quilters need more excess backing and batting fabric to work with. Recalculate your requirements if you are having your quilt professionally quilted.
** Choose floss colours that are darker than your appliqué fabrics for the planets, stars and rocket flames, to make them more visually effective.
I am no longer designing and selling patterns, but I’m very proud of the work I created, so I have left the patterns detailed here as a record of my endeavours.
Pattern : CG004 : Spacewalk Quilt