Code : CG704
Maximum diameter (point to point) is 51/4” wide. Apart from 2 lines of straight machine stitching (for reinforcing) this project is entirely hand pieced*.
- Eight 3 1/2” x 21/2”” scraps of fabric for the kite shapes.
- One rectangle of 7 1/2” x 51/2” fabric for the two backing shapes.
- One strip of fabric 16 1/2” x 1 3/4” for the perimeter of the pincushion.
- Two coordinating buttons 1” in diameter (not buttons with shanks).**
- Coordinating 6-stranded Embroidery floss and embroidery needle.
- Freezer paper, template plastic or card and pen to trace these with.
- Disappearing fabric marking pen (I use frixion pens).
- Machine thread to match fabric strip and sewing machine.
- Thread for hand piecing, general sewing supplies and iron.
* Method can be adjusted for machine piecing, but pattern does not contain those instructions.
** Make sure the buttons have a matching number of holes.
I am no longer designing and selling patterns, but I’m very proud of the work I created, so I have left the patterns detailed here as a record of my endeavours.
Pattern : CG704 : Sherbet pincushion