Code : CG014
Designed for needle turn applique (with alternative fusible instructions too) this fits into standard frames for photos that measure 11” x 14” or 12” x 16”, or any frame in between. Shown in Ribba frame from IKEA.
- 1 Standard Photo Frame, for photos that measure 11” x 14” (28cm x 36cm) OR 12” x 16” (30cm x 40cm) or any size in between. Pictured is a Ribba Frame from IKEA for a 30cm x 40cm photo.
- 1 Fat Quarter of background fabric.
- 1 Fat Eighth of fabric for the teapot.
- 2 rectangles of fabric sized 6” x 3” for the two teacups.
- 18” x 14” rectangle of fusible, lightweight pellon batting such as Vilene H630
- 6 stranded floss (in contrasting colour to background) and embroidery needle.
- Sewing threads to match the appliqués.
- General fabric scissors, paper scissors, and an iron.
- Very fine pigment pen such as Zig Millennium 03 OR Sakura Pigma Micron 01 (0.25mm).
- Rubber gloves (to protect your hands when you handle the glass in the frame).
- Disappearing fabric marker.
Needle turn Applique
- A4 or Letter sized sheet of template plastic (or overhead transparency or similar) for appliqué placement guide.
- Fine Frixion pens, pigment pens and/or silver gel pen to mark applique lines (the line will be turned under, out of sight).
- Small, sharp pointed scissors (eg. embroidery scissors).
- Fine permanent pen such as Extra Fine Sharpie.
- A4 or Letter sized sheet of freezer paper.
- Size 11 Straw/Milliners needle for appliquéing.
- A4 or Letter sized piece of double sided fusible web.
- Appliqué mat or silicon baking paper such as ‘Glad Bake’.
I am no longer designing and selling patterns, but I’m very proud of the work I created, so I have left the patterns detailed here as a record of my endeavours.
Pattern : CG014 : Share A Cuppa