Code : CG006
A graphic cushion that can be created via needle-turn or fusible appliqué. Use lots of scraps that you are sentimental about, or as little as two different fabrics. Savour the experience of needle-turn appliqué or make it fast and fuss-free with fusible web.
Square cushion 18” x 18” (46cm x 46cm).
- 60cm (24”) of Cotton fabric for the cushion background.
- Scraps of appliqué fabrics that add up to a fat 1/8th for the rose and a fat 1/8th for the leaves.
- Threads to match the appliqué fabrics.
- 20” x 20” Cushion Insert (50cm x 50cm).
- 16” Invisible zip (40cm).
- Sewing machine with a zipper foot and an invisible zipper foot (optional).
- 2 sheets of A4 overhead transparencies, or similar transparent material.
- Fine permanent pen, e.g. “CD Writer” and a pencil.
- General sewing supplies.
- Iron and Ironing board.
For Needle Turn Appliqué
- Fine tipped fabric markers (permanent or temporary) that make a highly visible, fine line on your appliqué fabrics (the line will be turned under, out of sight).
I use 03 Zig Millennium markers.
- 30cm (12”) of freezer paper.
- Very fine Straw/Milliner’s needle:
I use Size 11 Straw Needles by Jeana Kimball of Foxglove Cottage
For Fusible Appliqué
- 30cm (12”) of fusible web, (91cm or 36” wide roll).
The needle-turn skills required for this pattern mean it is best for someone who has tried needle-turn before. Try fusible appliqué instead if you are a beginner.
Interested in stocking this pattern in your store?
My patterns are distributed to retail stores by Creative Abundance.
Pattern : CG006 : Mosaic Rose Cushion