Code : CG007
Personalised and Adjustable Chef Hat and Apron with 9 Appliqué motifs to choose from. Suitable for 3 – 8 years.
Apron: 51 x 57cm (20 x 22 1/2in), excluding ties.
Hat: 18cm (7in) diameter.
Instructions for fusible appliqué, but suitable for needle turn applique also.
Version A has the hat made of the same fabric as the apron.
- 1.5m (1 3/4yd) solid coloured cotton* (apron and hat).
- 20cm (1/4yd) contrasting cotton (apron neck, hem and pocket trim).
Version B has the hat made of the same fabric as the trim.
- 1m (1 1/8yd) solid coloured cotton* (apron).
- 50cm (5/8yd) contrasting cotton, (apron neck, hem and pocket trim; and hat).
- 50cm (5/8yd) lightweight fusible interfacing.
- 20cm (1/4yd) heavy-weight fusible interfacing.
- A4 sized piece of double sided fusible web.
- 15cm (6in) of 25mm (1in) wide Velcro hook tabs and loop tape.
- Assorted scraps for appliqué., 5” (13cm) square, or smaller except for the cake motif. For this you will need a scrap of 6 1/2” x 5” and two scraps of 6 1/2” x 1 1/2”.
- Disappearing fabric-marking pen, and a pencil.
- An embroidery needle, and a safety pin.
- Stranded Embroidery Cotton in a colour that contrasts with the hat and in
DMC 3371 for all appliques except the egg, and DMC 3363 for the strawberry.
- Large sheet of paper to trace hat pattern piece, (18” or 45cm square) and tape.
- A4 Overhead transparency and permanent marking pen, and a pencil.
- Rotary cutter, ruler and mat.
- Sewing machine with 1/4in foot and general sewing supplies.
*Heavier fabrics such as cotton drill can be used for the apron but do not use it for the chef hat as it is too heavy and bulky. Make version B, with a lighter fabric for trim/hat.
I am no longer designing and selling patterns, but I’m very proud of the work I created, so I have left the patterns detailed here as a record of my endeavours.
Pattern : CG007 : Junior Chef Apron