Code : CG003
One Simple Stitch + 12 fun designs = One fantastic stitching party!
Have a sewing party, or just teach your child to stitch. Children as young as 6 can have a go! Details about making ‘Gingerbread Buttons’ included.
- Quilters Cotton, Seeded Homespun or Calico,
(one 18cm or 7” square per guest)
- 6 Stranded Embroidery Floss in a variety of colours. I suggest a minimum of the following selection of 11 colours: black, grey, brown, orange, red, pink, purple, blue, green, dark yellow and a flesh colour. DMC 407 (Dark Desert Sand) is a fantastic pinky-brown flesh colour that has a tone that is suitable for skin from light to dark.
- Very fine permanent pigment pen in brown: eg “Zig Millennium 03 in Pure Brown” OR “Sakura Pigma Micron 01 (0.25mm) in Brown”
- Fusible, light weight pellon batting, such Vilene H630
(one 14cm or 5 1/2” square per guest)
- 4” (10.2cm) bamboo or wooden embroidery hoops (one per guest).
- size 7 or 8 crewel/embroidery needles (one per guest)
- Sharp scissors, a few pairs to share.
Each Finished Hoop measures 4” (10.2cm) in diameter.
All stitching is made using back stitch.
I am no longer designing and selling patterns, but I’m very proud of the work I created, so I have left the patterns detailed here as a record of my endeavours.
Pattern : CG003 : Hoop Faces