Fairies with beautiful butterfly wings and delightful bubble dresses
A decorative doll with butterfly wings and a bubble dress.
Measures 32cm (12 1/2”) tall and 30cm (12”) wide, fingertip to fingertip.
Comprehensive instructions and diagrams will help you with every step.
- 1 Fat Quarter of skin coloured fabric – Fairy Body, limbs.
- 1 Fat Quarter of fabric- Bubble Dress
- 24cm x 20cm (9 1/2” x 8”) of fabric – Upper wings.
- 18cm x 14cm (7” x 5 1/2”) of fabric- Lower wings
- 12cm (4 1/2”) square of fabric – Wing spots.
- 12cm (4 1/2”) square of double sided fusible web.
- Two scraps of Quilt Batting – 24cm x 10cm (9 1/2” x 4”)
& 14cm x 9cm (5 1/2” x 3 1/2”)
- Black or Brown Pigment Pen (e.g. “Zig Millennium” OR “Sakura Pigma Micron”).
- Pink pencil for cheeks and your choice of pencil for eye colour.
- Coordinating sewing thread for all fabrics and yarn
- 6 stranded embroidery floss to match wing spots and upper wings.
- 1 skein of tapestry wool yarn for hair
- 12” (30cm) of Freezer Paper (optional).
- Perspex ruler, rotary cutter and mat.
- Sewing machine and general sewing supplies.
- One uncoated and unwanted business card.
- Knitting needle, or similar pointy object.
- Disappearing fabric-marker.
- Long needle for hand sewing.
- Long needle for embroidery floss.
- 2 paperclips or similar.
- Fibrefill or stuffing.
- HB pencil, pen, paper scissors.
- Iron, ironing board.
- Light box (optional).
I am no longer designing and selling patterns, but I’m very proud of the work I created, so I have left the patterns detailed here as a record of my endeavours.
Pattern : CG012 : Butterfly fairy