Code : CG005
Includes comprehensive instructions and diagrams to help you master needle-turn appliqué, or instructions for fusible appliqué if you would like a speedy finish.
Square cushion 18” x 18” (46cm x 46cm)
Rectangular Cushion 22” x 14” (56cm x 36cm)
- Scraps of appliqué fabrics in at least 10 colours.
You should have at least 3 scraps that are approx. 10” x 4” (large upper wings),
4 scraps of 8” x 4” (Upper and lower wings) and the rest are 5” x 3” or smaller.
- Threads to match the appliqué fabrics.
- 6 stranded embroider floss for butterfly antennae and an embroidery needle.
- Disappearing fabric marker (wash away, or iron away) and a pencil.
- Sewing machine with a zipper foot or an invisible zipper foot (optional).
- General sewing supplies
- 60cm of Cotton fabric for the cushion background.
- 20” x 20” Cushion Insert (50cm x 50cm).
- 16” Invisible zip (40cm).
- 70cm of Cotton fabric for the cushion background.
- 24” x 16” Cushion Insert (60cm x 40cm).
- 12” Invisible zip (30cm).
For Fusible Appliqué
- 50cm of fusible web, (91cm (36”) wide on the roll).
- Appliqué mat or non-stick baking paper with silicon coating (eg. Glad Bake).
- Iron and Ironing board.
For Needle-Turn Appliqué
- 2 sheets of A4 overhead transparencies, or similar transparent material.
- Fine permanent pen, “eg. CD Writer”.
- 50cm of freezer paper.
- Very fine Straw/Milliner’s needle.
I use Size 11 Straw Needles by Jeana Kimball of Foxglove Cottage
- Fine tipped fabric markers (permanent or temporary) that make a highly visible, fine
- line on your appliqué fabrics (the line will be turned under, out of sight).
I use zig millennium markers.
Interested in stocking this pattern in your store?
My patterns are distributed to retail stores by Creative Abundance.
Pattern : CG005 : All a flutter cushions